Anglicare has one of the broadest ranges of NDIS disability supports of any provider in Tasmania.
Your life, your way, every day.
Anglicare is here to provide the practical support you need to live your life the way you choose. For over 30 years, we have been a trusted, reliable not-for-profit provider of quality NDIS supports.
We know all about the NDIS because we’ve been part of it since the first NDIS trial in Tasmania. We are dedicated to using this experience to provide you with the reliable support you need. It’s your life and your choice. Our friendly team will help you choose what’s best for you.Download our disability services guide
Helping you choose the most effective NDIS support.
Getting the most out of your NDIS plan.
Anglicare has the resources needed to help you get the most out of your NDIS plan. Using our extensive community networks, we can assist you to choose the providers that will best suit your personal needs.
We can support you by:
- providing information, advice and support to assist you to get the best of your NDIS plan
- assisting you to choose and organise the supports you need, and are the best for you in your local area
- supporting you to build confidence in talking to service providers
- assisting you to build skills to manage your NDIS plan yourself
- assisting you to prepare for your NDIS plan review.
Therapeutic and clinical support
Access to our clinical development team.
Anglicare’s therapeutic and clinical team specialise in supporting people with complex needs such as developmental and psychiatric disability, including dual diagnosis and autism. We will take the time to get to know you as an individual, to really listen and understand what is important to you. Together we will make sure your support is tailored to your choices and needs.
Our team can provide:
- individual counselling
- therapeutic intervention
- specialist behavioural intervention supports.
Daily activities and personal care
Support for self-care and day-to-day living.
If you need support with daily living activities or personal care, we can work with you to provide what you need. Our experienced people can assist you with household jobs, self-care and day-to-day life. We can also help you build your independence. Anglicare’s services provide value for money, enabling you to make your NDIS plan go further.
Here are some of the ways we can support you:
- household tasks like budgeting, cleaning and gardening
- personal hygiene, showering and dressing
- taking your medications
- planning and preparing your meals and supporting you to shop for groceries.
Shared and supported living
Let us help you find a home that’s right for you.
Finding the right home is one of life’s most important decisions. At Anglicare, we’ll help you find home you require, based on what you need. We offer flexible options, to help you find a place that’s right for you.
We work with residents to create a positive living environment in our shared homes and respond to our residents’ feedback.
Some of our options:
- shared homes
- individual units and short-term transitional units
- independent living units for young people between 16 and 25
- supported residential centres with a focus on improving mental health
- long-term communal accommodation for single people and couples with low support needs
- assisting you to locate suitable accommodation in the community.
Short term accommodation
Everybody needs a break from the ordinary from time to time.
Short term accommodation for people with an NDIS plan, gives people with a disability, their family and carers a break from the day-to-day. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people and try new activities in a supported environment. It also means parents and carers can take a break or focus on other commitments.
Our professional staff will make sure your needs are met whether it is dietary, health, education or planning your social activities. We provide a welcoming environment with everything you need to stay for a day, overnight or longer.
Planned time away
Planning time away from your support network.
Knowing that your family member or friend is supported by experienced and well-trained staff makes taking planned time away less stressful, for both carers and people living with disability.
Anglicare’s caring staff can support people with all kinds of disability, including those with complex needs. Depending on your individual needs, we can provide a range of options, which may include support to participate in community activities, support in your home, or support in one of our accommodation options.
We can provide support for just a few hours, or 24-hour support if needed.
Social and community participation
Access your world of opportunity
What do you love doing? No matter what activities you enjoy, our friendly team can provide the supports you choose, based on your interests and what you enjoy most.
We can support you to participate in:
- social activities and events with family and friends
- trying new things or finding people who share your interests. You might want to be part of a community garden, go fishing, learn music, join a club or become a volunteer…the choice is yours
- getting out and about. You might like to go to cafes or go to the footy. Some people prefer to go to the movies, or to a concert…the choice is yours.
Develop your skills
Supporting you to develop and learn.
Learning new skills, upgrading your current skills or getting a job. These are goals we all aspire to. Based on your personal choices, our friendly team can help you achieve your goals through the NDIS. It’s up to you!
You might want to:
- study at TAFE or take a cooking class
- travel independently by bus
- volunteer to help others and build your experience
- make the move from school to further education or work
- get support to find and keep a job.
Professional mental health support
Mental health support, tailored to your needs.
Anglicare’s professional team has the skills and experience to support people facing a broad range of life challenges. We can help with money management, family relationships, drug and alcohol misuse and housing support. We start by understanding you and your needs, then we work with you to develop the best support plan possible.
Anglicare can provide support to:
- improve relationships
- remove barriers to participation in education or employment
- increase your independence.
Health, wellbeing and therapy
Helping you improve your health and well-being.
Anglicare can provide a team of qualified and experienced people, including psychologists and therapists, to help you achieve your goals for health and wellbeing. We support people of all ages and for mental health conditions that range from mild to severe and complex.
We can provide support for:
- food and nutrition management, and meal planning
- assisting you to reach your fitness goals
- working with behaviours of concern and developing positive behaviour support plans
- building social skills
- accessing therapy or counselling.