Parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems. A three-session program for parents and carers.
- Wednesday, 27 February 2019 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Wednesday, 6 March 2019 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Wednesday, 13 March 2019 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Parenting courses calendar
- Some common ground shared by parents & reasonable expectations to hold about adolescents.
- New understandings of adolescence.
- A three-option model & flow chart for decision-making.
- Self check-in, first – for parents.
- Building relationship with your teenager and making the best of your non-crisis conversations with them.
- Skills for tough conversations for handling those problems you just can’t ignore.
The course costs $50 for individuals (or $50 per couple) or $10 per person for health care card holders.
Register for this course by Freecall
or for more information email ServiceCentre@anglicare-tas.org.au.
What parents have said…
A step dad said that the input he had received the previous week from the course helped him keep his cool and brought a more favourable outcome with a 12 year old step daughter.
A single Mum made an appointment with her 15 year old son as we suggested and had had a far more favourable discussion with him than would previously have been the case.
- An end to the arguing and yelling!
- It saved our lives
- Simple, sane, effective
Who’s running it?
The trainers for this course are Mara and Juanita. Both presenters have completed Parent shop’s Engaging Adolescents training.
Mara and Juanita are expert trainers and will draw upon their many years of expertise working with young people with the Anglicare counselling team.
About the course
Anglicare Tasmania are a Parentshop® licensed practitioner. Find out more at www.parentshop.com.au
Back to the Parenting course calendar