Youth Development Worker – Thyne House
position working 68.4 hours per fortnight, based in
Shifts finish at 8.00pm
(Monday to Friday)
Anglicare Tasmania is a non-profit organisation providing a wide
range of community services to the people of Tasmania. We are part
of the national Anglicare Australia network of organisations.
Anglicare advocates for social justice and aids people in times of
need. We provide programs relating to health, housing, families,
drug and alcohol treatment and support and more.
Thyne House provides safe, affordable housing for young people
on low incomes. We support our young people to continue their
education or training, or working towards seeking employment.
The Youth Development Worker is responsible for delivering the
Education First Youth Foyer (EFYF) model to students by working
within the Advantage Thinking framework, coaching students to
achieve their goals in education and employment. The Youth
Development Worker has regular contact with students to ensure
their Learning Plan is progressing to achieve independence. The
role is responsible for delivering the EFYF model within an
integrated and collaborative framework with relevant stakeholders
and services in the community.
The successful applicant will possess demonstrable competency,
knowledge, understanding and/or skills in the following areas:
- an understanding of the Housing Connect system including
young people’s pathways;
- knowledge of educational opportunities including vocational
- knowledge of multi-disciplinary issues relating to
homelessness such as: poverty, unemployment, health, family
violence, substance use and other social factors which impact
on vulnerable or at risk people.
- understanding of Tasmania’s current housing market
and the difficulties facing low income people trying to secure
- concepts of social justice, social inclusion and
empowerment and their application to practice.
- demonstrated skills in assisting people who are
experiencing disadvantage including reflective practice;
- high level interpersonal skills including the ability to
effectively engage with young people and a range stakeholders
including real estate agents, business owners;
- excellent time management and organisational skills with
the ability to manage own work flows in conjunction with senior
Housing Connect staff.
Completion of a Social Work degree or other relevant tertiary
qualifications and/or clearly demonstrated experience are required
for this role
What we offer you:
- an attractive salary including Salary Packaging
- a 7% Graduate Loading payable where you hold a degree in a
- professional development opportunities
- a friendly and supportive work environment
The Position Description can be found below.
For further information about this position please contact
Elizabeth Ward, Area Manager – Housing Connect &
Supported Residential Services, on 0429 090 052 or email@example.com
during business hours.
The successful applicant will be required to have:
- a Schedule 1 National Police Certificate (no older than
12 months and not an annulled record);
- provide an International Police Check if you have resided
for 12 months or more outside of Australia after the age of
- a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration
- undertake a satisfactory Anglicare assessed medical;
- a current Australian Driver Licence
On commencement the successful persons will be required to
undertake our structured Safeguarding Children Training
WEDNESDAY, 20th JANUARY 2021, at 6.00pm.
If you are interested in joining our
team, please click on the ‘apply for this
job’ link below to commence your application. You
will be required to submit an up to date resume and cover letter
which outlines your relevant skills for the role.
PLEASE NOTE: Other vacancies that
may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection
Anglicare Tasmania is committed
to providing an inclusive and respectful work environment where all
people are valued and have equal access to opportunities to reach
their full potential.