There are so many great reasons to join Anglicare Tasmania.
If you are values driven and genuinely want to make a real difference to the lives of Tasmanians, then you’re in the right place.
We walk the talk when it comes to caring for our employees. We value our people and demonstrate this with excellent working conditions and opportunities for professional development and career progression.
We know that enjoying your life means that you need to balance work and that this can look different depending on your stage of life. We strive to create a workplace that can be flexible to the needs of our team and to offer career pathways and progression.
You hear it all the time right? Excellent conditions.
But what does it actually mean?
Probably many things to many people. But here’s a taste of what it means at Anglicare Tas:
- We offer salary packaging which allows you to pay for certain expenses before tax is taken out of earnings. This reduces the amount of tax paid which helps you make the most of your income. Currently you can package up to the allowable maximum of $15,900 each Fringe Benefit Tax year.
- Our life friendly work culture includes provisions such as the ability to alter your start and finish times, job sharing and part-time options where appropriate. Joining the team as a support worker in disability or aged care means a variety of shifts are available which provides more flexibility than the average 9-5 job.
- We walk the talk when it comes to excellent salary conditions as most of our allowances are well above the award.
- You could be eligible to purchase additional annual leave by reducing your salary by the nominated weeks and then annualising the salary across the full year.
- If your role requires a mobile phone, laptop or for you to wear a uniform, this will all be supplied for you.
- Because we understand that life happens, we have a range of provisions that can support you through shifts in life. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides employees and their families with access to professional and confidential counselling services. We provide up to 3 sessions on any matter.
We know how important learning and development is in the workplace.
You want to remain challenged, engaged and to continue to grow and excel professionally.
We want that for you, and for the benefit of our organisation and the work we do. So we take a proactive approach to our employee growth and professional development practices.
- We value your curiosity and desire to innovate. Our Jerrim Fellowship, is a professional development opportunity that can be used to visit projects or services, attend a conference, do an internship or complete a short course of training. These activities can be undertaken in Australia or overseas. This gives employees the chance to learn about innovative practices and to bring this knowledge back to Tasmania.
- Our annual Values in Action Awards are the highest accolade in our organisation. They are peer nominated and celebrate excellence by individuals or teams doing a great job at putting values in action.
- We encourage and support our staff to participate in relevant workshops and conferences.
- Our study leave can enable employees to pursue relevant courses of study which benefit both the individual and Anglicare Tas.