Housing Support

Finding the right home is a big part of life and an important decision for anyone.

We understand that many Tasmanians can’t afford to buy a house. There is also a big shortage of rental properties.

When searching for an affordable home, many people will live in a series of short-term, problematic housing situations, often relying on the help of family or friends to put them up temporarily.

This instability can affect health and wellbeing, make it difficult to keep children in school, and can make employment or looking for work very difficult.

So we work with people to help obtain and maintain tenancies.

Long-term Supported Accommodation

Anglicare’s Long-term Supported Accommodation is for adults who are looking for safe and affordable long-term housing with onsite support who are:

  • homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • unable to maintain a tenancy in their own right
  • in need of high level personal or living support not provided in social housing or private accommodation.

We manage a number of properties throughout Tasmania that provide supportive, affordable and long-term accommodation for a range of different age groups. Tenants live in independent units, with access to training and communal facilities on site.

We also provide Communal, Long-term Accommodation in 4 supported residential facilities in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie for eligible people on low incomes.

Facilities cater for singles and couples over 18 years of age who wish to live in a communal setting. Rent and board is calculated at 85% of people’s income (excluding Commonwealth Rent Assistance) which covers 3 meals a day, electricity, weekly linen service for sheets and towels, and some recreational activities. The facilities are staffed by a Lodge Manager who lives on site.

Crisis and Transitional Accommodation

We also provide Crisis and Transitional Accommodation services which provide emergency accommodation to Tasmanians who are in housing crisis (homeless or at high risk of homelessness).

Crisis and Transitional Accommodation services provide short term accommodation, support and assistance to address a person’s immediate needs. They work with Housing Support services to help people find safe, longer term accommodation that suits their needs.

What's Next?


Call Housing Connect

Housing Connect is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

You can call Housing Connect on 1800 800 588 24 hours a day, seven days a week.


Apply for social housing

Once you have booked an appointment through Housing Connect’s Front Door service, staff will assess your housing and support needs.

If eligible, you can apply for social housing and indicate which Anglicare supported accommodation you would like to live at.


Referral to Anglicare

You will be contacted by one of our Support Workers to talk about whether our supported accommodation options will work for you.

Our Accommodation


  • Bayview Lodge
  • Bilton Lodge
  • Goulburn Street
  • Trinity Hill


  • Indigo Lodge
  • Thistle Street
  • Thyne House

North West

  • Burnie Lodge
  • Eveline House
  • Grove House

Latest stories

View all stories

Better, Bigger, Stronger: a frontline perspective

Courtney Adams is one of 65 professionals from the community and school services sector interviewed by researcher Dr Catherine Robinson for the Better, Bigger, Stronger project. Read full story
media release graphic

Time for national action

The 2022 Rental Affordability Snapshot for Tasmania, released today, shows people on low incomes in our State have little hope of securing a private rental. Read full story

Youth2Independence students prepare for federal election

Youth2Independence students living in Anglicare-managed accommodation are preparing to vote in the upcoming federal election. Read full story

Enquire online

Contact us

Please fill in this form and a representative of Anglicare will reply to your message within two working days. Be sure to provide your complete contact details so we can respond to you.
Click the button below to visit our contact page
Contact us
Or, phone us on

1800 243 232