Are you spending more time watching the odds than the action? It might be time to get back to the real game and ask yourself these questions.
- spending more money or time on betting than you’d planned?
- betting more than you can afford?
- chasing losses or needing to bet more to get the same feeling?
- borrowing money or selling things to get money to bet?
- neglecting other areas of life such as relationships or work?
- having health problems caused by betting including stress or anxiety?
- having financial problems caused by betting (e.g., not being able to pay bills)?
- feeling like gambling has taken over or feeling guilty about betting?*.
*70% of young men who participate in sports betting experience harm from their gambling.
(Jenkinson, de Lacy‑Vawdon, & Carrol, 2018)